Damages You May Be Able to Recover in Your Personal Injury Case
We can not say how a lot compensation you might recover for your injuries according to North Carolina laws because every personal injury case is alone. Two people sitting side by side in a cable car can have vastly different injuries in an accident. The measure of recovery you might collect will depend on the facts of your site. here are some of the types of damages we work hard to win for our clients :
- Medical expenses: This category includes your expenses for things such as costs for ambulance rides, emergency room treatment, hospitalization, doctor’s appointments, imaging studies (e.g., X-rays or CT scans), diagnostic testing, surgeries, prescription drugs, chiropractic treatment, and physical therapy.
- Lost wages: If you missed work without pay because of your accident-related injuries, medical treatment, and recuperation time, we can add that to your claim. Salary, wages, self-employment, and other forms of income can fall within this area.
- Pain and suffering: This type of damage encompasses the physical discomfort and emotional distress you experienced as a result of the accident and your injuries.
- Long-term care: Devastating injuries, such as spinal cord damage, can leave a person in need of daily assistance with medical treatments and personal care. The costs of these services can be astronomical.
- Reduced earning capacity: Sometimes a person has to cut back on hours at work or take a lower-paying job because of long-term consequences from an accident.
- Permanent disability or scarring: You deserve compensation for any long-term conditions or permanent scarring caused by your accident or injury.
- Other intangible losses: Some damages are a challenge to quantify in terms of dollars. Disfigurement and the loss of enjoyment of life are two examples of intangible damages. We can calculate the value of these aspects of your claim in light of your particular case and include them in your compensation demands.
Depending on your situation, you might have extra losses that our Rutherfordton personal injury lawyer can pursue for you, such as losses related to a love one ’ s end if they did not survive their accident. For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Rutherfordton, call 828.286.3866
Legal Services We Offer our Clients when They Hire our Lawyer
once you become a node of Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, our team does not hesitate to get into carry through. In fact, from the consequence we speak to you in your absolve reference, we are already keeping path of key information about your case to begin preparing materials for you. Some of our legal services include :
- Reviewing your case to see who can be named a liable party in your case and whether there might be more than one liable party
- Conducting a private investigation to retrieve evidence for your case, such as an accident report, eyewitness testimony, and video footage
- Speaking with interested parties, such as an insurance company, on your behalf to protect your case
- Filling out and submitting paperwork on your behalf
- Meeting with the liable party’s legal team or insurer to potentially negotiate a settlement deal
- Representing you in court if necessary
Our team will be available for any concerns or questions you have throughout your legal journey. We aim to be crystalline with our legal advice to you, then do not hesitate to come advancing with any thoughts you have as we build your case.
We Keep Track of Your Case’s Statutory Deadline
Working with a personal injury lawyer from the begin can help you understand the legislative act of limitations that applies to your character. In North Carolina, you by and large have three years from the date of your injury to file a personal injury lawsuit, per GS §1-52. however, if you are filing a unlawful death subject, then GS §1-53 dictates you have about two years from your love one ’ s death to file. Keep in mind that early factors might change your filing period.
Read more: Bluetooth Aux Adapters
If you are uncertain about how hanker you have to file, our legal team can identify this date and inform you. Should you decide to work with our team, we can take allow measures to submit your casing on time. Rutherfordton Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Your life can change in an moment when you get hurt in an accident. Through no blame of your own, you might have to face chronic pain and lifelong limitations. Your career path could change, and it might be challenging to enjoy liveliness when you can no retentive engage in activities you used to do. We handle many kinds of personal injury cases, including : If your accident is not on this number, do not worry. There is not adequate space here to cover all the numerous types of injury cases a Rutherfordton personal injury lawyer can handle. Just call us to find out how we can help you.
Pitfalls to Avoid After Getting Hurt in an Accident
The law does not force you to work with a lawyer on your personal injury case, but it can be a wise choice to do so. policy companies can try to get you to accept less compensation than you deserve. Our personal injury lawyers can help you avoid such mistakes and traps as :
- Accepting far less money than you deserve. Many people try to negotiate with the insurance adjuster by themselves, only to find out later that they should have received much more compensation for their injuries.
- Settling before you finish your medical treatment. When you settle the claim, you sign away your right to receive any more money from that accident. If you find out afterward that you need additional treatment, and you have not recovered money to pay those expenses, the insurer will not have to cover those costs. You could end up with a stack of medical bills you cannot afford to pay.
- Posting on social media. When you have a personal injury claim pending, you should stay off of social media. The insurance company can use your photographs or comments against you to try to devalue or deny your claim.
- Giving a recorded statement. The adjuster will likely ask you to give a recorded statement. These statements are for the benefit of the insurer, not you. The adjuster can take your words out of context and twist them into something you did not intend. If the insurer asks for a recorded statement, tell them to speak to your lawyer.
Complete a free Case Evaluation kind now
Call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Rutherfordton
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we help people who suffer severe injuries at the hands of others. Our clients focus on getting better while we handle their legal matters. You can call us today for a absolve reference. call or text 828.286.3866 or complete a release Case Evaluation shape